Saturday, November 12, 2011

A perfect fall weekend

The weekend between my birthday and Mark's was the perfect fall weekend!  We had such an amazing time doing all things fall with Grace.  It started Friday night when we picked Grace up from school a little early and headed south to Longmont to the only apple orchard I could find anywhere near us.  Apple orchards in the fall are a must for me.  I have such fond memories from my childhood of heading to the apple orchard with my mom and brother after school and getting apples, donuts, and cider.  So I was on a mission to find one to take G to.  We found a hidden treasure--Yaya's!  They are a horse farm on a small lake with a gorgeous view of the mountains.  They recently planted trees and are working to make it a really great family experience.  We were able to buy carrots to feed the horses and donkey, take a hay ride, and of course enjoy some donuts and apples!  Yaya's will definitely be a family tradition for the Williams!
















The next day we participated in another long time fall tradition, we headed to a CSU football game and did a little tailgate (just the three of us--we need to make more friends!) with homemade chili and chocolate chip cookies.  It was really fun, although an ugly game--CSU played Boise State who was ranked fifth in the nation at that time.  They looked like an NFL team, we looked like a high school team.  We left at halftime which was just the perfect amount of time for Grace.




Cam the Ram!
 

Finally, on Sunday, we headed to a pumpkin patch for our final fall tradition of the weekend.  It was a great patch with a corn maze and a smaller hay maze which Grace enjoyed.  There were acres of pumpkins to choose from and Grace really enjoyed going into the field to pick hers.  Not only did both Mark and I also need pumpkins, but we had to be sure to get one for Daisy too!











 It was so cute, this little girl saw that I was trying to get a picture of Grace on top of the hay pile and she insisted on standing right next to her.



I hope you and yours also got experience all the joys of Fall--what a great season!

No comments: