
Goodbyes are never easy. This weekend we had to say goodbye to a very special woman. Mark's grandmother, Phyllis Williams, passed away Friday. Grandma Williams was an amazing woman--the type of woman we could all learn from. She was dedicated to serving her community and made a difference in all of the lives she touched. She also had an amazing influence on her family. Although I did not grow up with her as my grandma and do not have the memories that her grandchildren do of baking cookies, cross stitching, spending summers in Minnesota, and special trips with her and Grandpa, I was touched by the quiet strength of this remarkable woman. She knitted together a family that cherishes their time together and she remained committed to her values. I feel blessed to have inherited Phyllis as a grandmother when I married Mark/ I am happy Grace was able to spend time with her great grandmother. I am thankful for the contribution she made to making my husband the wonderful man he is. And I will miss her.
2 comments:
So sorry, Elizabeth. Thinking of you all...
A big hug to all three of you!!!
Post a Comment