Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas in Michigan

The day after Christmas we packed up the car and headed north to the Saginaw area. There were so many people up there waiting to meet/see Grace! It was great because we stayed for four full days--much longer than our normal weekend trip up there!

First Grace got to meet two of my best and oldest friends (old as in I've been friends with them a long time--not that they are old!), Alexia and Shannon. Every year the three of us get together at Christmas and this year Grace got to join in the festivities. I told Alexia and Shannon that my mom would watch Grace so the three of us could go to lunch but they opted to just stay put and have baby time :)

Grace found her thumb while sitting on Alexia's lap.


Cuddle time with Shannon

The girls with our new addition

Next it was time to get ready for the Weber Christmas. Grace had the cutest little red jumper that had candy canes on it however it didn't last long before she made a mess of it!

The only picture of the little jumper (we'll have to put it on her again to get a better one!)

Great Aunt Patty has the magic touch! Grace was sound asleep in her arms!

Mark stealing a little time with Grace before passing her to someone else!

Spending time with Grandpa and Mom

Great Aunt Peggy

Great Aunt Mary

Great Aunt Barb (she has a little grandbaby of her own, Alice, who is in Colorado so I think the time with Grace helped her get her baby fix!)

Back to Daddy

Three generations picture with Great Grandma Weber

Yet another Christmas family shot!

So tired out after all that visiting!

The next day we had a baby shower for Aunt Megan and Uncle Bobby (pictures forthcoming!) where Grace got to meet lots of Grandma Applebee's friends. After that my dear friend Emily made a detour through Birch Run so she could meet Grace. I met Emily (a.k.a. "W") my freshman year and lived with her in the sorority house for two years. She holds such a special place in my heart and I'm so glad she got to meet Grace!


The next day was Grandpa time! We did Christmas at my Dad's house and then went out to dinner. My dad has never been a softie, but it's obvious by the look in his eyes when he holds Grace that she has definitely stolen his heart!



Tuesday was our last full day in Michigan. We made a trip to the Spruce's. I lived in the same house growing up and they lived next door to us the entire time. Marg and Len are like another set of grandparents to me (I have always called her "Grandma Marg") and Jenny has always been like a big sister. Grandma Marg said she can't wait for Grace to be big enough to play school--I used to go over there every day after school until my mom got home and we would play. I always was the teacher...I even used to give Grandma Marg homework!


Grace is showing Grandma Marg how she can hold her own pacifier!



After all the visiting, Grace did what she does best--fell asleep, this time on Grandpa Mike's lap!


Although the trip was much longer than normal, there were still folks we didn't get to see. Hopefully we can get up there again soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!THANKYOU!THANK YOU

I have been waiting for your Blog and it is just wonderful

Wonderful that you were able to be with so many of your family and friends.

Grace is amazing. She looks so cute in her outfits. I am so glad you were able to be with everyone for longer time.

Seeing you all so happy makes my heart sing.

We love you

GG

CR said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas! Have a great 2009!