Friday, November 14, 2008

It's a girl

Well, I (Mark) am stuck writing this blog since Elizabeth is still in the hospital. I've been up for well over 24 hours, so I apologize for keeping this short.

We are pleased to announce Grace Ann Williams, who was born on 11/14/08 at 4:04am. She weighed 7 lbs 4 oz and measured 20.5" long.

Elizabeth is unbelievable. We were sent to the hospital at 5pm on 11/13/08, since she was well into labor. She refused all pain medication and went through 3 hours of pushing in the early morning hours of 11/14/08. For the safety of the baby, birth was via C-section. Elizabeth is doing great and has been the talk of all the nurses for managing the pain so well.

Here are just a few photos. More to follow...



12 comments:

Ryan Fowler said...

Congrats! Glad everyone is healthy and happy.

H said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful :-)

Jenn said...

Oh, she is just beautiful!!! Good work Mom (and Dad too)!!!!!

I am so excited and can't wait to see you three! I've been like a blubbering fool every time I think of you three today!

I can't wait to meet you, little Grace! Porter is very excited that you're finally here!

Love,
Jenn

Unknown said...

Mark - at what point during the 3 hours of E pushing did you pass out?

Congrats to both of you, can't wait to see you and baby Grace sometime soon.

ashley.and.graham said...

Oh, congratulations!! I have a huge smile on my face as I write this. Little Grace could not have been born to two more wonderful parents. I hope I get to meet Grace soon. Congrats again!
ashley (& graham, and eden)

Jennie said...

YAY!!!!! Wes and I are soooo happy for you both! Grace is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Welcome Grace and congrats E and Mark. She is absolutely beautiful! :)

erin said...

Congratulations, Williams family!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! Congratulations!

Rebecca D. said...

Welcome to the world, Grace! You are lucky to have two very kind parents who love you very much!!! She is just precious!!! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. LOVE the watermelon outfit on Grace! She is beautiful and PERFECT. E - you look fantastic,as always, especially for all that you went through! Mark, you look great too for not getting much sleep! Congrats! Love, Kathryn :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Elizabeth and Mark! What a beautiful girl :-) God bless each of you as you begin a new chapter in your lives.

Susan Keller

p.s. I hope you'll stop in the office to introduce Grace next time you're in town.