Saturday, July 14, 2012

Waiting and waiting and waiting for baby

This baby was a tease!  I started having contractions 3 weeks before my due date, yet no baby!  My mom and Mike were here to play the waiting game with us.  It was fun to get to do things with them and they were kind enough to help us get some things done around the house (kitchen, entry way, living and family rooms all have fresh paint--no more purple or salmon colored walls!!!).  But perhaps the most fun was the day trips they were able to take with Grace.  Here is what we did while we were waiting...

A trip to Estes Park for fishing followed by fishing in Rocky Mountain National Park










A few trips to Spring Canyon Park





Grace had a visit to Bounce! in Loveland and lunch at Sonic with Mama and Papa Mike





We started swim lessons with daddy




Mama, Papa Mike, and Grace had a trip to the farm while Mark and I had a date night :-)




We hiked to Horsetooth Falls (Yes!  I hiked at 38 weeks pregnant--I was desperate to get baby out!)





We got overtired...refused to go to take a nap...and fell asleep sitting up in the hall


(Seriously!  She's sleeping here!!!)

We set up the pool and sprinkler in the front yard to cool off from our heat wave (90+ degrees more days in a row than I care to remember--not good for a preggo woman's ankles...oops, I mean cankles!)





A trip to Poudre Canyon to throw rocks while Papa Mike fished












More water time in the front yard (we were waiting for a really long time!!!)



A trip to Loveland Lake





Complete with a ride on the train they have at the park there...






Feasting Fort Collins with Alice and Richey





A visit the Children's Museum in Denver
















Quiet time with Daddy


That was a lot of pictures!  Yes...we waited a VERY long time for baby to make her appearance!

No comments: