Mark stayed the night in the hospital with Laura and I and in the morning he ran and got Grace. We hung out in our room a bit and then headed down to the NICU to see Laura.
Grace was so excited to get to hold her little sister.
The best was when Laura started moving her hand and the bandages holding the IV in rubbed against Grace's face tickling her. Grace was laughing so hard and kept saying, "She's tickling me!"
Daddy and his girls
We all got to help the nurse give Laura her first sponge bath and take her foot prints. She wasn't very happy...
The crying got to Grace (she's got to get used to it!), so she and Mark headed out and ordered our Father's Day lunch...Papa John's. After I got back to the room we opened Mark's cards and ate our pizza. Someone thought it was pretty cool getting to eat in Mommy's bed.
Mark's Father's Day gift
that Grace made at school
Mama and Papa Mike came and got Grace that afternoon and Mark and I spent some time snuggling with Laura.
Between feedings we were able to enjoy our "fancy" hospital meal
(lobster and steak--hospital lobster and steak, but still decent) and
watch a movie. It sort of felt like a date night :-)
Grace and Laura are so lucky to have such an awesome Dad and I am so blessed to share the adventure of parenthood with my best friend! Love you Mark!








No comments:
Post a Comment