We were so excited to introduce Grace to her little sister! Grace had been very apprehensive when we left for the hospital but she was in great hands and I think quickly forgot we weren't there. Mama and Papa Mike took her to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner (yes--it's her favorite restaurant!) and then Saturday morning they went to swim lessons and got donuts before coming up to the hospital. I made sure I was in the room when they got there and Grace brought me beautiful flowers and a donut.
Flowers from Grace in the middle
Grace gave me a big hug but was very nervous about the port I had in my wrist for my antibiotics. She is always so concerned that someone else is hurting--I love her compassion! Only three people are allowed in the NICU at a time so Mark and I took Grace to meet Laura. She was so thrilled to see her little sister but again was very cautious with all the wires.
"Holding" baby
First picture as a family of four!
After a short time, Grace was ready to go so Mark took her down to the cafeteria where she got lunch. Here is big sister showing off her hospital band that said "I'm a big sister!"



No comments:
Post a Comment