We're the Williams--Mark, Elizabeth, Grace, Laura, and Daisy. Here are our adventures!
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Horsetooth Rock
Back in July we decided that we would head for a hike on a Sunday. It was a gorgeous day and we had wanted to get up to Horsetooth Rock. Horsetooth is a large rock (it looks like a horse's tooth--literally) that you can see from just about anywhere in Fort Collins. We thought it was a 2.5 mile trip but it ended up being 2.5 miles one way. Grace didn't want to stay in her pack so it was a bit challenging but the views were definitely worth it. I had a hard time weeding through the pictures for this post--it was one of those hikes where every time you turned a corner, the view was even better than the last. Enjoy...
Nap time?
Break time
The Horse's Tooth
View on the other side of "the tooth"
So the whole way up we were chatting with people along the way. Everyone commented that Grace had found the right way to do the hike. So of course, we and everyone else who heard found it hilarious when we got to the top and she started screaming, "I did it! I did it! I made it!"
Photos by Grace
And the views from the very top (Mark and I took turns scaling up)
No comments:
Post a Comment