So before getting dressed for school we tried to get Grace really excited about getting her costume on and it seemed to work as she was running around, pumping her fist. I was excited because I had made her little ladybug costume and couldn't wait to see it on her. Well no sooner did we get her shirt on, she had a COMPLETE meltdown! It was as if she was terrified she was really going to become a ladybug. Luckily, I had bought an extra plain red long sleeve shirt so we took off the costume top and put on the plain top and headed to school with the costume in a bag. On our way to school I explained the concept of Halloween to Grace again and told her everyone would be wearing costumes and it's just like playing dress up. I asked her if she wanted to try her costume on again when we got to school and she agreed. I gave her the option of putting it on in the classroom or hallway and she chose hallway. So I held my breath when we walked into school and asked her if she wanted to put her costume on since we were in the hallway. Much to my delight, she agreed and we got it on without a breakdown. Just then, her teacher walked into the hall. She got so excited to see Grace in her costume and said, "Grace is the only child wearing one right now! All the other parents had to bring the costumes because the kids cried when they tried to put them on." Can you believe it? It must be a 2 year old thing!
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Harvest Party
On Thursday Grace's school had their "Harvest Party." Grace got to wear her Halloween costume to school and I was asked to bring a treat. Grace was out of school when they put up the sign up list so all that was left was "miscellaneous." I knew I wanted to do something healthy so I went online and found this fun idea for fruit filled jack-o-lanterns (a.k.a. carved oranges). They were a lot easier to do then it appears and it took me less than an hour and half to make 11 of them so I think this might be a Halloween tradition in our house!
Filled with strawberries, blueberries, and grapes before school
According to the teachers, the day was a big hit. The other kids all put their costumes on after seeing Grace in her's and they did a costume parade to all of the other classrooms. Mark picked Grace up that night and he said the teachers definitely looked exhausted after the big day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment