Saturday, October 23, 2010

"Happy Daddy!"

Monday was Mark's birthday. Grace and I tried to make the day extra special for him. I worked with her on saying "Happy Birthday Daddy!"--she tried but instead all day she just kept saying "Happy Daddy!" I think it's probably the best happy birthday wish Mark has ever received :-)

I took Mark out for a sushi lunch and (un)fortunately been asked to give a guest talk in a grad seminar on Monday night so we had to skip a big family dinner but before I left for my talk, Grace and I made Mark's favorite cupcakes for him...

Grace's apron was mine when I was her age :-)


and we also had him open his cards and present...


and of course we sang "Happy Birthday!" and had him blow out his candle!



When I got home Mark and I shared a great bottle of wine, fancy cheese, and crab legs. It was a low key birthday but I think it was just what he wanted! Happy 30-something Mark! We love you!

No comments: