Friday, September 3, 2010

The beginning of a great weekend...

Grace and I are flying solo this weekend. Mark is currently in Minnesota with his parents for his great aunt's funeral tomorrow morning. They are then heading to Iowa to visit Grandpa. I have to be honest, I'm a little nervous being on my own with G for four and a half days but if tonight is any indication of what our weekend is going to be like--it will be awesome!

I picked Grace up from school today around 3:30 and we headed to "mommy's school" to pick up a few things. She was so cute on campus. She held my hand walking around (which she won't do at her school) and had her other arm swinging by her side. She looked so proud to be walking around with all the big kids as there were lots of students out and about. She pointed out all the bikes and buses we saw (which were a lot!) and even rode on my shoulders for a bit. We got home, had dinner, played with Play-Doh, read our books, took a bath, called daddy and Papa Weber, and then read books in mommy and daddy's bed before moving to Grace's room for bedtime stories and slumber. On the agenda for the weekend is a trip to the zoo, a visit to Monkey Joe's, swimming at Kari's, and maybe checking out Global Fest. It will be perfect (or as close to perfect as it can be without Mark here)!



Giggling as I make her take her thumb out of her mouth for a picture

And one with the thumb back in

In other fun Grace news:
*We all know Grace loves buses. Now whenever we see one she holds one finger up and asks for "more." On our way to school yesterday I told her to keep her eyes open and I was sure she would see another one. When I looked in my rearview mirror I saw her LITERALLY holding her eyes open with her little fingers!
*Last night at dinner I said, "Grace, you're pretty!" To which she responded, "You're pretty!"
*Grace is getting better and better with her ABCs and counting. Tonight she lined all of her toys up on the side of the tub and counted them. She went from 1 to 9--skipping 7 and 8 :-)

1 comment:

S. Garrison said...

Holy Cow!! Look at all that hair! It has clearly been too long since we have seen her.