Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mommy/Daughter Date Night


Some of my favorite memories growing up are Friday nights in the summer with my mom. My dad and brother would typically go to the races and my mom and I would go shopping--sometimes fun shopping, sometimes just grocery shopping, and do dinner out. Our favorite was getting take out from Long John Silver's and renting a movie to watch.

This past Friday, Mark went to Indy for the NCAA Final Four festivities so I decided it was a perfect night to introduce Grace to Mommy/Daughter date nights. I picked her up from school and we went to Michael's. Then we did a trip through the car wash which Grace LOVES! I decided that Long John Silver's is a little to greasy for Grace (let's be honest--it's too greasy for all of us!) so instead we went to McAlister's Deli. We had so much fun. We sat on the same side of the booth. Grace had a grilled cheese, applesauce, and chocolate milk (for the first time!). I realized while we were that what a sponge she has become. I got nacho chips and cheese sauce. I was dipping my chips and eating them when I noticed that Grace started dipping her grilled cheese in her applesauce before eating it. Wow--we have to be careful what we do in front of her! After dinner we did a Target trip. It was the perfect first date night :-)


No comments: