Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter Eggs

We had SOOOOO much fun preparing our Easter eggs this year! My friend Dede had posted a link on facebook to a blog that had a great idea for making the most beautiful Easter eggs! You use silk ties to wrap the eggs and when you boil them with vinegar the dye/pattern from the tie transfers to the egg. I had went to Goodwill and found ties with designs that I thought would look good on eggs. This is definitely a new Easter tradition. I think we'll look for fun ties year round! Here are pictures of the process and you can read the instructions at: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/03/silk-dyed-eggs.html

Eggs pre-boiling

Wrapped in the pillow case squares after the ties

Ta-da!!!

The final product with the ties they came from!

So pretty in a crystal bowl!

The next pics are from our traditional egg dying. Grace liked using the crayons on the eggs and REALLY liked seeing the colors as we pulled the eggs out (see video--you might want to turn the volume down a little--she may be small but she can be LOUD!)







3 comments:

erin said...

Oh my gosh! That tie thing is so cool!! We'll have to try that out next year!

Jennie said...

i love the silk eggs and i LOVE LOVE LOVE the video of grace checking out each egg! so cute!

Anni said...

Too cute! I love Grace's little squeals of delight!