Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Napa

Mommy and Daddy's Perspective

Two weekends ago we headed to Napa with Mark's parents, Amy, and Greg. We flew into San Francisco, ate a great lunch at the marina in Sausalito, visited Muir Woods, and then headed to Napa for two days of wine tasting, visiting family friends, and eating lots of yummy food! The first night we were there (my big 30th!) we ate at Bottega which is Chef Michael Chiarello's (of Food Network and Top Chef Masters' fame!) new restaurant. It was a delicious dinner and we even got to meet the chef. As the picture shows, Amy and I were a bit star struck :)



The next day it was off to the wineries: Benessere, Castello di Amorosa, Dutch Henry, and Jericho Canyon (a great winery that didn't even have a sign out front). We were joined by the Ponsfords (who live in Calistoga and were great hosts!) and the Coles. It was really fun getting to know some old family friends of the Williams.





We started Monday with a trip to the champagne caves at Schramsberg followed by visits to Terra Valentine, Merryvale (to see the cask room), and Larksmead. I cannot say enough about what a great time we had. It is such a beautiful part of the country and it truly was a relaxing trip. We missed our little girl terribly but we knew she was in good hands so we were able to relax and have fun. A huge thank you to Mom and Dad Williams for taking us on such a spectacular trip!






Grace's Perspective


So I wake up one morning and mommy and daddy weren't here but that wass okay because Grandma and Grandpa Applebee still were. We played so much but I wasn't feeling 100% the whole time so I also got a lot of cuddle time with them. Every now and then they held the phone up to my ear and I heard mommy and daddy. I guess they were checking up to make sure I was behaving myself! I loved getting to spend time with G & G Applebee. Thanks for hanging out with me and taking such good care of me!

Mastering walking with her buggy--she can now get unstuck when she runs into a wall!



Grandma must have told a funny joke!

Grace loves to play in Daisy's bed--luckily Daisy likes to share!




Time for a walk at Happy Hollow!



No comments: