Monday, August 31, 2009

Mommy passed her prelims!

Today I defended my preliminary exams. Those were the exams that I took over a four week period and that I have to pass before I do my dissertation. This morning I met with my committee (4 professors who wrote the questions and reviewed my responses) and had to orally defend my responses. It went really well. They had a lot of great feedback and things for me to think about. But best of all, I passed! Some of our good friends, Mark, Grace and I celebrated with lunch at Nine Irish Brothers afterwards.

We're all so relieved that the exams are done!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy for you! Isn't it such a relief to have them done! BTW, I had a talk with the advisor yesterday... intervention here I come!

Jenn said...

Did I mention how proud of you I am!!!

ashley.and.graham said...

woo hoo!! congrats to you, Elizabeth. What a great milestone!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! It must feel great to have all of your hard work paying off!!