Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What a day!

Today was a busy day! I had a dentist appointment this morning at 8:40. Someone was playing Sleeping Beauty and still wasn't up at 8:10 even though she went to bed at 9:00 last night. I actually had to wake her up so I could feed her before my appointment. When I got home, this is how I found her. Evidently helping Daddy works gets boring!

We then had Grace's 4 month check up. She did great...you could tell the shots hurt her but she only cried for about a minute. She continues to "thrive," weighing in at 15 lbs, 11.3 ounces (90th percentile), measuring 24 1/2 inches, and having a head circumference of 42 cenimeters. The doctor said that we'll know when to introduce cereal when she starts waking up during the night hungry. Until then the doctor thinks she's doing just fine nursing--with her measurements, we'd have to agree!

When we got back from the doctors, Grace, Daisy and I took advantage of the warm day and took a walk around the neighborhood. Grace has started using her stroller without the infant seat for walks around the neighborhood--I think she likes being able to see forward. The fresh air definitely wore her out!


The final excitement for the day was a visit from our friends John and Rebecca and their adorable little boy Noah. We ordered pizza and drank some champagne to celebrate Rebecca being awarded a fellowship for next year when she's working on her dissertation--Congrats Rebecca!


1 comment:

Rebecca Dohrman said...

Last night was really fun! I enjoyed seeing that beautiful daughter of yours and the champagne was perfect!!!