Monday, August 18, 2008

Enjoying a house guest and "nesting"

Since last Wednesday Mark and I have been enjoying having a house guest. Meet Harry...


Harry belongs to one of the professors from Purdue, Jane Natt. Jane is in Beijing leading a group of Purdue students who are serving as media liaisons for the Olympics. Talk about an amazing opportunity! They have been blogging about their experiences and it's pretty cool to read about what they've been able to do while over there.

Anyhow, it's been really fun to have Harry. He's much bigger than Daisy but I don't think he realizes it. As you can see, he likes to jump up and sit with us on the couch.


The other day Mark was working on a project outside and I was enjoying the pleasant weather and chatting with him as he worked. I was sitting on the grass cross legged and before I knew it, Harry had crawled onto my lap and plopped himself down. Needless to say, that didn't work out very well. He also has taken to coming up and laying his head on my ever-growing belly. I really think the dogs can sense that there's a baby in there. Daisy has been extra protective too. It's probably really good having Harry here because it makes Daisy have to share us which she definitely needs to get used to! She is cute though...isn't she!


In other news, the baby has become more and more active. Mark finally felt it kick two Saturdays ago. Since then, he's been able to feel it on an almost daily basis. It's gotten so much stronger and consistent! We even were able to see the kick (or maybe it was a punch) this weekend. It's pretty funny when I'd rather sit and watch my stomach to see if I can see the baby move rather than do anything else. I have also been fully "nesting," as my friends like to say. There's so much to do before baby arrives and so many things I want to get done because I can't see myself doing them once the baby arrives. One such project was remaking our valences in our family room. I'm posting this picture just so my mom can see :)


Other than that, I've been trying to clean out closets and organize things. School starts a week from today so I've also been doing some cooking and freezing dinners so we can have some good eats for at least the first few weeks of the semester.

Finally, we got a great surprise last Thursday. We received the first gift off of our baby registry. It was so much fun to receive it in the mail. A big thank you to Mark's Aunt Barb and cousins, Joy, Lynn, and Gloria, for the pack and play for the baby. Of course we had to set it up right away! We'll keep it in our family room but for now it's in the baby's room. It will be so useful with all of our travels.

2 comments:

ashley.and.graham said...

Everything looks so cute! I'm glad to see you're having time to enjoy getting ready for the little one. We just put Eden in her own big crib for the first time tonight! No more cosleeper beside the bed - it sounds crazy but it went by so fast. Anyway, love hearing how things are going through the blog. Good luck next week with the start of school!
ashley

H said...

You're looking amazing, Elizabeth! Enjoy your nesting time :-)

The Purdue blogs are really interesting - what a great experience for those students!