Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thank you Cincinnati Insurance...

This past weekend Mark and I were in Cincinnati for his August meetings. Each August Mark's company brings all of its field employees and their guests to Cincinnati. Mark has to sit through meetings while the company spoils me. I think it works quite nicely :)

They have a spa set up at the convention center where I was able to get a manicure and pedicure and had my make-up done by some guy who has been in "the biz" for over 20 years, has done things on Oprah and for several fashion shows, etc. He even put fake eyelashes on me! I loved the look but don't think I'll add them to my everyday routine.

On Friday I had my excursion to Jungle Jim's (the most unbelievable grocery store I've ever seen!) and to The Learning Kitchen where I had a cooking lesson. I loved it and can't wait to try out the recipes we made there. Friday night was the formal dinner and the surprise concert. This year the artists were Amy Grant and Vince Gill--not exactly our type of music but a good show nonetheless.

Saturday Mark only had meetings in the morning and then we had our joint excursion. We chose to go on the boat cruise down the Ohio River. I think we would both say that we made a fabulous choice. We were on a large yacht complete with food and drinks. The weather was perfect and Cinci looked really pretty from the river.


Saturday night was the theme night party. The theme for the meetings was "Setting the Golden Standard" which was a play on the Olympics. The party was a lot of fun with various games, performers, and activities.

Overall, the company did another great job putting on a fun weekend for the employees and their spouses. One of our favorite things they had were artists who would write your name in Chinese figures. We had a few of these done when we traveled to Beijing in 2000 but this time it was much more fun since we had some special names to get done. Now the only question is which of these paintings will we get to hang come November?

2 comments:

H said...

I would have loved to see you in your fake eyelashes :-)

Jungle Jim's sounds like quite an adventure - I'll have to check it out if I'm ever in Cinci!

Rebecca D. said...

Those Grace/Graff sketches are really neat!! Maybe John's company will start something like this - it sounds awesome.