Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Black Friday 2012
Black Friday started fantastic. We headed to the Toy Store downtown where we heard Santa read a story. We had lunch and did a little shopping. We had naps at home. And then we made turkey sandwiches for dinner, loaded up the picnic bag, and drove up the winding Big Thompson Canyon in order to see the Parade of Lights in Estes Park--that's when Black Friday got truly ugly! Grace fell asleep on the ride up the canyon. When she woke up she said she was hungry. I handed her a turkey sandwich and after a few bites she threw up everywhere! It was so pitiful. Estes Park was packed. We couldn't find anywhere to stop. We finally parked in a "police only" spot. I took Grace into a bathroom that is "green" so it had no paper towels to clean her off. I had no spare clothes for her so I stripped her down, put her snow pants on her and then put my winter jacket on her for a top. Mark cleaned the car as best as possible and then we headed back down the canyon with Grace asking--"But why can't we stay for the parade?!?" She seemed better when we got home--nothing a few Pedialyte popsicles can't fix! Always an adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment