Saturday, October 20, 2012

Uh oh!

It was bound to happen eventually...it's a right of passage.  It was a lovely Friday (July 27th to be exact).  We met Joey, Alice, and Richie for the sing along at the Toy Store and then headed to the water features in Old Town with our picnic lunch.  We had ate a bit and the kids were playing...
(Notice the sign: "Black Rock Slippery When Wet")




I was watching Grace, she was on her belly on the black stone structures.  Not doing anything I thought was dangerous.  And then the next thing I knew she was sobbing uncontrollably and there was blood.  Of course I thought she had bit her tongue or lost a tooth.  Then I saw the gash on her chin.  I called Mark right away and we decided to meet at the doctor's to see what they had to say.  I quickly packed up Laura and got the girls to the car.  Grace had calmed down...until there was a bee in the car and we had her screaming, Laura crying, and me trying not to get in a wreck.  Needless to say, I have never been as happy to see Mark as I was when we pulled into the doctor's parking lot.  One look and they knew she need stitches.  She was a trooper.  When she cried she just kept saying, "I want Daisy!  I want my doggy!"  What a day!




The stitches when we went to get them out one week later

No comments: