Helping load wood for the wood burning stove
Walking in the woods
Many wagon rides
A party on her birthday!
My mom invited Grandma Marg and Jenny over for Grace's actual birthday. She and Grace made all kinds of snacks for the party and I have been told that everyone had a great time! I really need to dig out some of my old pictures because I know there are some of me at my birthday parties when I was Grace's age with Grandma Marg and Jenny!
Morning breakfasts with Grandpa
Getting bundled up to head out into the cold
A trip to Chuckee Cheese's
A visit from Aunt Patty, Uncle Bill and Olga
Playing at Grandma's
The giggles at the end of this video are the best!
Grace's imaginative play has really come out during the last few weeks!
A visit from Papa Weber and Great Grandma Weber
I love this video because a) only a grandma would let a two year old eat ice cream on the couch with no tray, b) Grace is being SOOOO careful, and c) I love how she looks like she is actually a part of the adult conversation.
Pony rides
While Grace was entertaining relatives and friends in Michigan, Mark and I were enjoying San Francisco. I should say that Mark was enjoying San Francisco. I worked most of the time but did get to enjoy dinners with Mark and had 1/2 a day when we first got there and a few hours on our last day there to enjoy the city. Here are highlights of our trip:
Exploring the city the first day we got there


Catching up with old friends
Most schools host a reception at the conference. This year Purdue got lucky and ended up with the space on the 70th floor of the hotel for our reception. The room was surrounded by 14 foot high windows. Breathtaking views!Taking the scenic eating tour of the city
Mark had a lot of stops he wanted to make...most involving food. The picture above is at a fortune cookie shop in a back alley of China Town. He brought a bag back to the hotel and I pretty much lived off of them during the conference!
Ghirardelli Square. This was Mark's lunch on Monday. He sent me a picture of it via text message and then sent me another message that the cheerleading team from one of the universities was sitting right next to him...luckily he didn't take pictures of that or else he would have been the creepy dude :-)
Bi-Rite ice creamSo yes, all of that was Mark's meal for one day--french toast for breakfast (not pictured), sundae for lunch, pretzel, bun, and ice cream for mid-afternoon snack. That night Mark and I went back to the Mission District and had mission burritos. I cannot begin to describe how delicious they were. Seriously, the best burrito I have ever had! I then made Mark take me to Bi-Rite because I was so envious of all the ice cream he had eaten. It was so good!!!
More scenic eating and working it off


Enjoying another long walk through the city together
On the recommendation of a friend, we headed to this little sushi restaurant for dinner. It is so tiny--two tables and 8 seats at the bar. We waited about an hour to get a seat but boy was it worth it! If you are a sushi fan and are headed to SF--get here!!!Overall, we all had great trips! We got home Wednesday afternoon and Grace arrived on Thursday afternoon. It was so much fun to get to see her after nearly a week apart. The hugs she gave us were fantastic! Thank you Mom and Mike for taking such good care of our little girl!













No comments:
Post a Comment