Thursday, July 1, 2010

Children's Museum

While mom and Mike were here we definitely did some work--I mean, our house is a different color now!

Before
(unfortunately this is an old before from a few winter's ago so the trees and bushes are much smaller)

After


Still debating as to whether to invest in a new storm door...but I LOVE our new light!


But, in addition to working hard, we also played hard! On Wednesday Grace, Mom, Mike and I went to Indy to go to the Children's Museum. First we enjoyed a great lunch downtown on the canal.
Grandma and Grace posing for a picture at lunch--Grace even leaned in for this one!

If you haven't been to the Children's Museum in Indianapolis, you are missing out. It's touted to be the largest in the world and it really a treat for kids and adults, alike. We went to two great exhibits: Rock Stars, Cars, and Guitars; and Barbie. In addition we had a great time in the kiddie fun zone and up in the carousel area.

Crossing over the street

In front of the amazing glass sculpture

Grandpa definitely loved the "Rock Stars, Cars, and Guitars" exhibit





"I'm a Barbie girl"

Working the runway!


Racing Grandma!

And trying out a race car

Waterscape

Sandtable


And a collage of videos from the day--camera ran out of battery half way through the museum :)

4 comments:

erin said...

The house looks great! I vote for a new glass storm door and paint the front door the same color as your darkest brick. Just a thought :)

Anni said...

We used to love going to the children's museum in Indy as kids. We used to go whenever we visited my aunt. Good memories.

Jenn said...

House looks awesome!!!

Jennie said...

love the house! and, love how grace was strutting her stuff!