After a great morning it was time for me to leave. Mark's mom had come up to help out with Grace and to give me some time to focus on school work. I left the three of them at home and headed off to my Psych class. They had lots of fun while I was gone. Grace took a bottle I had prepared before I left and then had some great tummy time which Grandma taped so I could see it.
Unfortunately, class took a bit more out of me than I thought it would. I came home feeling exhausted and was supposed to go back for my evening Stats class. I just couldn't do it though--too much in one day. We ate dinner, I fed Grace and then took a glorious nap (yes, when you have a newborn, you can nap at 7:00 at night!). After the nap I felt much better and we decided to make the day even more exciting by giving Grace her first bath. Her ubmilical cord fell off last Friday morning and we got the okay from the doctor to do real baths at our appointment on Monday. So, out came the tub. She screamed for some time until Mark figured out that if he let her suck on his thumb bath time would be much more pleasant.
It was quite a day and Grace was very alert after her bath. She and I stayed up chatting for a few hours after everyone else had gone to bed. You may laugh at the thought of us chatting but she actually is starting to respond a bit more and is focusing on our faces as we talk to her so I really do feel like we were chatting--hopefully the first of many late night mother/daughter chats :)

4 comments:
I know how hard it is to go back so soon. Just take it slow...the semester will be over very soon! Let me know if I can help you out!!!
three cheers for ice cream!
Ooh, I'm jealous -- I love Graeter's!
haha! i loved seeing the box...i wondered myself how it got shipped :) it was so great to talk to you and i'm glad you are doing well and making it thru the last couple of weeks of classes!
Bets
Post a Comment