Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's the little things...

We had a check up today and all is well with both baby and mom. I'm measuring just where I should be and the heartbeat is strong. The good news is the doctor thinks that the baby has found his/her way into position. The baby had been breach and traverse at previous appointments so this was welcome news. Granted, he/she can still move but we're glad that for at least now he/she has figured out the direction it should be. It was really fun because the doctor pointed out which body parts are where (or at least his best guest). I have been able to feel a little lump on my left side--turns out that little lump is Grace/Graff's booty!

In other news, Mark and I started Lamaze classes Monday. It was...interesting. I think it will be informative but we are definitely not good students. We were supposed to be practicing relaxing and moms were supposed to have their eyes shut. Coaches were then supposed to gently caress our face moving down our arms to our finger tips. The teacher told us to think of a happy place or focus on an object. I had a nice picture in my head of the view Mark and I had of the Eiffel Tower from a little cafe in Paris when we were there last year...until Mark whispered "Pizza Sam's" to me. Sam's is the local pizza joint in Alma that Mark is obsessed with (I admit--I do crave it to!) but not exactly what I'll want to be thinking about during my contractions. Well those two little words got me started giggling and then every time he touched my face I laughed harder. By the end I had tears streaming down my face and I just could not pull myself together. I'm sure the others in class loved us. Oh well, it was fun!


My thoughts vs. Mark's thoughts

One of the things they talked about in lamaze was how dads could really help the moms through their pregnancy by doing various tasks around the house. I had to smile when the teacher was talking about this because Mark really has been a blessing through all the ups and downs of pregnancy. Here's just one example--last week we were walking Daisy around our neighborhood when I noticed that my shoe had come untied. I let out a huge sigh because it's so hard for me to bend down right now. Mark, without saying a thing and without me asking, handed me Daisy's leash and bent down and tied my shoe. It was the smallest gesture but meant so much to me.

It truly is the little things that make life so good!

3 comments:

H said...

I am loving the picture collage in the middle of this post - too funny!

Oh - and good job with those shoelaces, Mark!

erin said...

Mmmmmm...Pizza Sam's...

Anonymous said...

awwwwwe! I love that he tied your shoe for you.
and darn it, pizza sam's sounds sooooo yummy! :)